Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Journey of Life

Have you ever noticed that through out your life, your always looking for the next thing? When I'm old enough I want to be...; I'm going to do...; my dream to fulfill is...? Have you ever wondered what's happened to those declarations and when those things will come into fulfillment? I like many thought that all of these things would just naturally happen in the physical sense, but then I met the Father! Hallelujah!!

The dreams that I thought I had for my life no longer seemed important. I found myself without joy, endlessly seeking what it means to have Life and Life abundantly. Nothing of this world could fulfill the emptiness and sinkhole that seemed to resonate in my heart. I needed something new, something fresh. Something that would consume my life and yet give me True Life. Getting to know the Father through, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, has become the passion of my life. I'm reminded of part of a song: "The more I know Him, the more I need Him!" I'm finding that I can't live with out Him and have no purpose apart from Him. I feel more like a child in the things of the Lord today than ever in my life.

Isn't it funny that in our early years of life that we spend all of our energy trying to become something in the world that's of value, or purpose but ultimately will find nothing but a void. The only exception is when we invite the warm and touching embrace of a Father of Fathers who will never mock or shame, but instead Love unceasingly with compassion, and mercy. Who can love like the Lord? May I learn how! He's invited me on a journey to a pursue Him with my boys, other men, and people of all ages. That we may demonstrate what it means to be the church(His bride), to become to the world what He is for us and to know this love, become this love, and give away this love.

I'm amazed in wonder of the awesomeness of my Lord. Is it still possible to enter into the Fire'n Clouds of old? May I touch the face of God.., may I have influence with the Lord.., will He call my name and tell me to come up to the Mountain? The answer is: "Yes, when you seek me with all of your heart, soul, and mind, you will find me." The biggest decision of your life begins and continues to be with a question: "Will I continue to pursue the journey regardless of the cost it may have for your Life?"

3 comments:

Livin' Life said...

You are so much deeper than me!! But a guess that's why I love you. Thank you for finally posting and not driving me crazy with looking at your empty blog. You are such a great husband may you reach other men and women with your heart!!!

Krazy Klingers said...

WOW this was deep but in a great way. It caused me to actually think and because it is in the afternoon, I can think. I guess it is a good thing I didn't read this this morning. Welcome to this wacky world and again great post, can't wait to read more!

Kelli said...

Amen! It's really neat that you descided to post. I have enjoyed getting to know your beautiful wife and now, happy I get to know you.